There is are three things in this world that make me the happiest:
They are (respectively):
Church
They are (respectively):
Church
Family
Friends
But today I want to focus on my family.
And more specifically,
My Nephews and Nieces.
Ever since 2007, when my first nephew was born, I have experienced a new kind of love.
When I held that baby boy in my arms and he smiled up at me, I cried.
I love this boy with all my heart. And he doesn't know how much he means to me.
Although he is only 2 (almost 3) he is so smart, so sweet, and so GREAT!
He makes me smile and laugh and just want to hug him.
His birth changed who I am inside, and I love him with all I've got.
This is my first nephew, Carson.
The next addition to our family was a very special one for me. The minute I found out that
My sister Kristi was pregnant I called being the "favorite aunt."
I went over all the time to help her out, and talked to the baby in the tummy.
When I found out it was a girl I was completely overjoyed!
I mean, I love Carson, and I don't love Jordynn more because she is a girl,
but I feel such a special bond with her because we share that characteristic.
She is almost 2 now, and she is growing quickly into a beautiful girl.
I get to babysit her often and she brings me so much joy, and Guess What!
I definitely hold the title of favorite aunt, which is pretty tough with seven sisters.
I definitely hold the title of favorite aunt, which is pretty tough with seven sisters.
We share a bond like none other.
This is my first niece, Jordynn.
The third baby was just a joy. He was born in 2009 at the very beginning
of the school year, right after I started doing homeschool. I was very glad
because of my choice especially then because I had the opportunity to be in
the hospital while he was born. I was in the waiting room watching his older brother,
Carson, but I was there. I stayed with my sister in the hospital during the day and went
home to sleep. I love the kid with all my heart. I enjoy seeing him get bigger and bigger
each day. What is even better is the smile he greets me with each time I see him.
He is a precious child and, now approaching 6 months, he's quite a kid.
This is my second nephew, Jonah.
Now, I would like to talk about the fourth.
She is also very special to me. Out of all of my oldest sisters I was always closest to Jessica.
During my junior high years we were best friends as I helped her get through her first years
of marriage. We hung out all the time and grew extremely close. The summer of 2008 brought
changes though. I moved to a location about fifteen miles from my childhood home in Arizona and she
moved to Renton, Washington. This distance hasn't stopped our friendship though. I've flown up there to see her, she flies down here to see me, and it works. But when I found out she was pregnant it was kind of a
bitter-sweet. I mean, I was completely stoked to have another niece or nephew, but I was sad that I wasn't
going to be there in the hospital when she was born, or hold her as a new born, and be there in her life.
When I found out it was a girl, I cried. Literally. Ask any of my friends. I was BAWLING like a baby. I was so excited to have another niece. And I wish more than anything that I could be there. I would even give up
my guitars for life if I could be there at that time and hold my niece when she comes.
But regardless how bad I wish I was there, I'm not. In fact, my sister is in the hospital right now. She has been there since yesterday. I have been talking to her and her husband for the past fifteen hours trying to
get the latest. Two hours ago she was at a 9. I just got a text that said she is coming, and that she should be here in 1-2 hours. I am excited. So excited. I am crying. I love my family. So with no more ado,
Here comes Alix.
waiting, with all my heart,
Princess Sullivan




3 comments:
Awe. :) I can't wait to be an aunt. You know this.
aww you got me all teary eyed.. i cant wait till Alix gets to meet you... i dont know if our money situation will be able to fly you here this summer, but it is still a possibility.. for sure we are coming down there for thanksgiving tho.. that just seems so stinkin far away!! i miss you and i love you and you are an awesome aunt!!
ps that pic of jordynn is priceless!!
Post a Comment