Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Top Ten!

I'm going to start doing a weekly Top Ten. That way, I always have a reason to blog and I have to. This week's Top Ten is going to be:

TOP TEN MOMENTS [captured on camera] at CAMP LOMIA 2010!


Number one: Alexa Gets Wet.

Don't even say I'm a jerk or a bad friend for thinking this is terribly hilarious. I'm not laughing because she fell into the river...I'm laughing because the story of her falling in goes like this:
We got our sack lunches so we could go on a hike. When it came time to eat we were right next to a river-thing. I, being the adventurous person I am, decided I wanted to eat on a big rock across the river. I asked Alexa to come with me. She sat down and said 'Yeah, I'll come in a few minutes.' So I cross the river on dry , stepping-stone like rocks. And start to eat my wrap.
The time comes that AlexaDyan decides she is gonna come across. She takes the first step and the rock wobbles a little, but doesn't tip. "If I fall in because YOU want me to cross and eat lunch with you I'm gonna kill you." [less than three seconds elapse] *SPLASH!* hehehehehehehe. You think it's funny? Are you laughing at my best friend? I'll hurt you...

Number two: Random Beehives


This is only funny cuz A) I really have no clue who either of these little girls are and
B) cuz when I took this picture it went like this:
"Hey, what year are you?" "First." "Oh GREAT! Can I take a picture of you for my scavenger hunt?" *Questioning glances* "Sure..." "Thanks." *girls walk away.* "You're doing a scavenger hunt?" "Nope."

Number three: Taco Salad for Lunch!

This one is easy to explain. I LOOOOOOOOVE taco salad... I had one and two halves plates of it!
"Hey Erika, isn't that just two plates?" "No, because I didn't eat two full plates of it. I ate one full plate, then two half plates. Duh."

Number four: Finger painted faces.


So here's the story...Alexa's hands were covered in yellow and I wanted her to come..somewhere...? with me and she refused to go until we washed our hands. So we walk into the bathroom and these girls,
^Right^ up there...SCREAM! They cover the left halves of their faces and look at us. "Oh, it's just Erika and Alexa." *pull bowl of blue paint out from under shirt* I was terribly confused. They walked around like this the rest of the night. It was quite...epic.

Number five: HORTON!

The Fourth Years were clearing a path with shovels and stuff and it was kicking up dust, which caused my asthma to go crazy. So I sat down and talked with the leaders and other YCL's. Fifteen minutes later, Victoria runs down the trail screaming "Erika! I got a snake! His name is Horton!" He's quite a cutie, no?
We played with him for a little bit, a few girls cried, others begged to hold him. Then we let him go by the dry river bed. He was gone as quickly as he came.

Number six: Graduation!

Since the camp theme this year was "University of You" we all got little graduation caps and graduation certificates on the last night. SCRAP BOOK!

Number seven: Bowls and bowls of fun!



During the YCL party there were TWO LARGE SILVER BOWLS on the table. So Tyra and I took turns using them as different props... Princess Leia, Pregnant lady, Army men, ladies with big [boobs]. [aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! A controversial term on my blog!! Get it off! Get it off!!] Sue me. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun. And it was random and spontaeous and I loved it. So there. [boobs].

Number 8: My boyfriend.
I didn't have a secret sister while at camp, so Holly Mitzel and the Fox twins gave me a blown up surgical [butt inspection] glove. [aaaaaaaaahhhh!! another controversial/ maybe a little offensive term on my blog. It's contaminated!!] S...U...E... ME! Anyway, I used the blown up glove as my invisible, morbidly obese boyfriend. We were soon after engaged, married, and I was then pregnant. [I got pregnant a lot at camp]. Then I remembered the scripture that says "avoid even the appearance of evil" so I took it out. Cuz nothing is more evil than being impregnated at girls camp by an invisible fat man. I still have him in my room...

Number nine: The LIGHT SABER!!

Victoria's reaction when she got this from her secret sister was PRICELESS! She jumped higher than when she found out she's a princess. Oh man! It ruled my life. So many great memories with that thing. The best one:   I got to the cabin from the YCL party after everyone had gone to bed, and I was grumpy, and tired, and I just wanted to GO TO SLEEP. So...I looked at everything that was on my bed and her light saber was one of them. So I grabbed it, and I threw it at her. She growled, lifted the sleeping bag from her face, and GLARED at me. "Oh...sorry." I muttered. "Uh huh...sure. Whatever!" She roared. Then she put the sleeping bag back over her face and fell back asleep with a huff. *Good thing she was sleep talking and doesn't remember a single bit of this or else...she wouldn't be my friend anymore.* haha

Then, I turned into a Jedi on the bus and the light saber came in handy. Which brings me to the end event and the LAST one of the Top Ten List!

Number ten: BEARDED LADIES!

The Fox twins and Holly and Emmy and Carly...and heck, everyone in the middle section of the bus, got bored with water color paint and everyone painted mustaches and beards onto one another.

[I wish I could have gotten pictures of everyone with a beard. It was beautiful Art Work].

Then the middle of the bus started to convert the back of the bus into beardism...and...

I became Obi Won Erika.

BrookLynn became Adolf Hitler...

Victoria became...a weird italian guy...

And Tahtianna had a...Moose face?? ...the heck?
By the end of the ride, over 62% of the young women had beards.

AND THAT is my first ever Top Ten List! titled:
TOP TEN MOMENTS [captured on camera] at CAMP LOMIA 2010!

Tune in next time for:
The Adventures of
♪ PRINCESS SULLIE! ♫

2 comments:

Alexa said...

oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear!
i LOVE this! hahaha you are hilarious, dear beat friend of mine!

Victoria Renae said...

hahahahaa oh this made my life. wonderous job Sullie! :)