For those of you that care, I apologize for the lack of postaging. I have been SLAMMED with school, and family stuff, and work work work. Plus, I am trying to finish my Personal Progress by December 1, 2010, and that is taking a lot of time. AND I need to finish cleaning my room, and I have been neglecting my chores. So...please forgive me for taking this much needed break. I am back for now, probably not for good though. Maybe next Monday I will be.
Let us pick up where we dropped off.
Let us pick up where we dropped off.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Okay, generally, with this one, I would put one or all of these: My scriptures, my testimony, my friends, my family, the Gospel, the Personal Progress Program...Things like that.
Those things are the most important things in my life and I couldn't have a complete life if any of them were taken from me. But today, I am going to choose something that maybe you don't know I couldn't live without, my most treasured [worldly] item.
The things in life that I treasure most are the things that remind me of my mom. Her and my dad divorced when I was just a little kid, and I have always lived with him. My visits with her have been many though, and I am very very close to my mother. These are things that my mom has given me.
This blanket she mailed to me for my fifteenth birthday. It means a lot to me. My mom traced her arms on it so when I wrap it around me I get a nice, big hug from Mom! And I love it! Also, in one of the squares it says "Sweet dreams My Beautiful Princess." Because when I was a little girl, I made my mommy call me a princess. Every night before I went to sleep, I wouldn't let her leave my room until she said "Goodnight, Sweet dreams my beautiful Princess, I love you." Then she would tuck me in like a burrito and kiss me goodnight. I still remember it. This blanket is a goodnight from my mom whenever I really need one.
The second item is my stuffed dog. His name is "My Dog." I never really named him anything. I've always called him that. I remember when she gave him to me too. I was almost eleven, and my dad had just gotten married to Lorie. My mom got the dog at a garage sale in mint condition, and Ty's in mint condition could have been worth a lot more in the future. But my mom didn't care. She gave it to me and said "This toy is yours hunny. You can share everything else you have, but this is yours. Don't let any of those little kids get their grimy hands on it, you hear?" Nearly every night since that day I have slept with my dog tucked into my arms. There have been a few nights it wasn't possible, cuz I don't take him places, in fear that I will leave him somewhere or something. I am almost 18. I have had this dog for 7 years and have slept with him 95% of the time. Crazy, huh?
The third is a book called Added Upon by Nephi Anderson. I found this book on a book shelf in my house sometime last year. When I opened it, I read something that took my breath away. It was a letter from my mom's seminary teacher, dated in 1981. My mom got this book her senior year. When she was my age. I read it and it has brought me great joy. And I hold it near and dear to my heart because I know that over twenty years ago, my mom held it in her hands and read it just the same as I did.
Every time my mom comes to Arizona, into my room, she leaves me a note on my mirror. The one on my bathroom mirror is long gone because I like to clean that mirror. But this "Mom loves you" note has been here since she moved to Washington in August 2009. It makes me happy. I love my mommy. She is the coolest.
The last thing that my Mom gave me that I treasure is her big, bright blue eyes! And her striking good looks. Oh yeah, we're hott. Be jealous.
I think that is all I have to say today. I will try to find the time to post tomorrow...TRY.
Tune in next time for day 8!
Love, Princess Sullivan.




No comments:
Post a Comment