Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Post.

Before you get too excited that "the girl that hates Valentine's Day" is writing a Valentine's Day post, let me tell you that this post is going to be NOTHING like the other posts you might come across on this...crappy crap day.

First I want to explain why BOYS are stupid and MEN are what we aim for. [Set your scope...Ready!...Aim!...FIRE!]. But if it is a gun you are aiming, aim for the boys... If it is cupid's arrow of love, aim for the men. Get it? Proceeding.

Yesterday I talked with a certain stupid boy [whom I am not going to name on this post, but will link to right about here] [oh yes. Now you remember him. Mister everything-thought-he-was-perfect. That's the one. By the way Jadyn, you told me so].

The conversation went like this:

Smart Girl: I don't think I am going to be kissing anyone anytime soon.

Idiot Boy: What? Why not?

Smart Girl: Cuz after this year I realized that it's not what I want to do. I want to save the rest of my kisses for the special man that has plans to take me to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity.

Idiot Boy: But how will you know if he is the right one if you don't experiment? [see what I mean, ladies?]

Smart Girl: I don't have to kiss him to know...

Idiot Boy: But you have to kiss him to show that you have strong feelings for him...

Smart Girl: No. I don't think so. I think that agreeing to marry him is plenty strong.

Idiot Boy: But he won't know if you have strong feelings for him unless you kiss him... Usually they don't ask you to marry them before they kiss you...proven fact... [now it just sounds like Romeo here is trying to convince me for other reasons].

Smart Girl: That is the DUMBEST thing I ever heard!

blah blah blah. More stuff about a boy not being able to know yada yada.

Idiot Boy: Most guys won't talk about it.

Smart Girl: Well, I am going to find me a talker.

Idiot Boy: Well, I just don't want you to be upset if you do not find a guy that simple. And I hope you don't find it upsetting if a guy tries to kiss you instead of talking to you about it.

Smart Girl: I didn't say we have to be engaged. I said he has to have "plans to take me to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity." And as long as I agree with those plans, I will kiss him.

Then he said some more stupid stuff. But that's the end. Please, girls. Let me know what you think.

Oh, I also wanted to share with you the "G-Rated" version of why we now celebrate St. Valentine's Day:
[because maybe you are wondering as much as I was...]


Let me introduce myself. My name is Valentine. I lived in Rome during the third century. That was long, long ago! At that time, Rome was ruled by an emperor named Claudius. I didn't like Emperor Claudius, and I wasn't the only one! A lot of people shared my feelings.

Claudius wanted to have a big army. He expected men to volunteer to join. Many men just did not want to fight in wars. They did not want to leave their wives and families. As you might have guessed, not many men signed up. This made Claudius furious. So what happened? He had a crazy idea. He thought that if men were not married, they would not mind joining the army. So Claudius decided not to allow any more marriages. Young people thought his new law was cruel. I thought it was preposterous! I certainly wasn't going to support that law!

Did I mention that I was a priest? One of my favourite activities was to marry couples. Even after Emperor Claudius passed his law, I kept on performing marriage ceremonies -- secretly, of course. It was really quite exciting. Imagine a small candlelit room with only the bride and groom and myself. We would whisper the words of the ceremony, listening all the while for the steps of soldiers.

One night, we did hear footsteps. It was scary! Thank goodness the couple I was marrying escaped in time. I was caught. (Not quite as light on my feet as I used to be, I guess.) I was thrown in jail and told that my punishment was death.

I tried to stay cheerful. And do you know what? Wonderful things happened. Many young people came to the jail to visit me. They threw flowers and notes up to my window. They wanted me to know that they, too, believed in love.

One of these young people was the daughter of the prison guard. Her father allowed her to visit me in the cell. Sometimes we would sit and talk for hours. She helped me to keep my spirits up. She agreed that I did the right thing by ignoring the Emperor and going ahead with the secret marriages. On the day I was to die, I left my friend a little note thanking her for her friendship and loyalty. I signed it, "Love from your Valentine."

I believe that note started the custom of exchanging love messages on Valentine's Day. It was written on the day I died, February 14, 269 A.D. Now, every year on this day, people remember. But most importantly, they think about love and friendship. And when they think of Emperor Claudius, they remember how he tried to stand in the way of love, and they laugh -- because they know that love can't be beaten! "

That's all I have for today, my friends. I sure hope you had a happy Valentine's Day.

I love you.

Love, Princess Sullivan.








3 comments:

Scott, Jessica, Alix, and the Puppies said...

but what if you end up marrying a bad kisser?? that would be terrible!!

Unknown said...

This I love. :) Especially the Valentine part... but most especially the I told you so part... :)

Victoria Renae said...

Haha although I see your point, I completely agree with the guy. I would never marry someone without kissing them first. Even if it was just a little kiss. I mean, could you imagine that proposal?

Guy: Will you marry me?
Girl: Oh yes!!
(Awkward silience...)
Guy: So.. yeah. See you tomorrow then...?
Girl: yeah, that's cool.
(Awkward handshake, then parting of ways.)

Just sayin. :)