Saturday, June 4, 2011

Part II

I am having a seriously hard time believing I ACTUALLY forgot to blog this favorite conversation...

This is me and Alexa whilst dining at La Taco Bell.

Me: (after swallowing a bite of my burrito) Ugh, I really need to masticate better.
Alexa: (words can't even begin to describe what things her face did) Wait...WHAT!?
Me: *laughing uncontrollably*
Alexa: No, really. What did you just say.
Me: *Still laughing* Masticate. I need to masticate better.
Alexa: *Nervous chuckle* Erika, please tell me what that word means...please.
Me: Masticate? *laughing* It means chew.
Alexa: (look of near unbelief) Really? *laughing nervously again* okay. Umm, well thanks for clearing that up for me.
Me: Well it's the truth. I really need to masticate better.
*Both laughing hysterically because it was quite funny*

I am proud of that conversation and expounding my friend's vocabulary AND making her giggle uncontrollably.

Also, today at Ross Dress for Less...
Two year old girl and her mother...
Mom: Whatcha got there sweetie?
Kid: Coins!
Mom: How many?
Kid: 1..2..3...4...5...6 (she had two). I has SIX! Six gold dubloons. (They were quarters).
Mom: *smiles*
Kid: (incoherent babble except these few words) Gold Dubloons! Blah blah blah. A treasure chest full of GOLD Dubloons! I want a treasure chest. Blah blah blah. Gold Dubloons.

I was mystified! I love that she knew the word dubloons. It made me smile.

Anywhoo. That is all from me tonight because I am tired. But I love you!
Love, Princess Sullivan.

2 comments:

Scott, Jessica, Alix, and the Puppies said...

sounds like that little girl watches Jake and the Neverland Pirates. they collect gold doubloons.

Alexa said...

you know, i really enjoy our friendship.