Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cooking Dinner.

Its as plain and simple as those two words, no need to get elaborate. For the next two weeks [starting August 24], I am making dinner for my family every night. WHY you may ask? Well...Let me tell you....

The first reason, and it's hardly a reason at all, is because my steppy, Lorie, is out of town till next Thursday, and I am in charge of making sure that the children don't die of starvation...[although the thought of it is ever so tempting].

The second reason is for Personal Progress! That's right. [Personal Progress, for those of you that don't know, is a program that young LDS girls work on throughout their stay in Young Women's, which is from 12-18]. I am working on Good Works experience number two, which reads: "Service is an essential principle of family living. Help plan your family's menus, obtain the food, and prepare part of the meals for two weeks. During that time help your family gather to share mealtimes. Report to your class what you have learned." So that is what I am doing... Hello class, may I report to you what I've done so far? [For those of you that answered 'No', OF COURSE I MAY! This is my blog and I write upon it what I darn well please thank you very much [boob].].

Proceeding.....

Day #1: Spaghetti and Meatballs.















On Tuesday night, I made Spaghetti and Meatballs. This is a dish I enjoy making because the kids love spaghetti, and they'd probably kill for some meatballs. [exaggeration. By 'kill' I mean...wade through a septic tank or climb an electric pole]. These kids love meatballs. This meal was a huge hit and was SO tasty.















And attractive too! Isn't that a handsome plate of spaghetti? [No? Why are you still reading this if all your are going to do is answer 'No' to all of my question]?!

Day #2: Sloppy Joe, A slop uh sloppy Joe!

As you can tell of my poorly stated rendition of a song, I made sloppy joes for dinner last night. I have never before made sloppy joes, but I have always kinda just been in love with them.

And they turned out great! I found a great recipe and I made a few changed based on what I had in my pantry and viola! Sloppy Joes!















Ain't that tasty looking? [No]? Well then look at it from this angle!
















Now your mouth is a waterin' eh? [Still no? Fine! I'll eat it then]!















*said with mouth full of tasty deliciousness* You're really missin' out!
Sloppy joes =easy and amazing!!

Tonight I am going to attempt to make Enchiladas, a feat I have never before attempted. Wish me luck!

Now, before I go, I must share with you this awesomeness that I found on the Internet earlier this week. I've had this song stuck in my head for days. This one is MY favorite, but I suggest you go to YouTube right now and look this guy up. [Unless your computer barks at you...Toria]...

So here it is.
Cubworld- Lights Fade

Listen to My World too, if you want to.

I'm out.

Tune in next time for Enchilada Adventures, and many great things.

Love, Princess Sullivan.

No comments: