Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Sunday!

I like today. I don't know why exactly.
Today has been hard for me, emotionally and spiritually.
But sometime, the hardest days of all are the best ones, because you can remember trying hard for something, whether it be happiness, peace, or comfort. [or a very pleasant mixture of the three].

Sometimes, I tell myself, "Self [cuz that is what I call myself when I am by myself], you are going to change the world someday. You are going to make something better for somebody."
In fact, I tell myself this very often. But in the past couple of days, I haven't been able to believe myself when I tell this to myself.

I know very well that I want to change the world, and I know what I would change, but the ongoing question forever and ever in my soul, is how am I, one little, insignificant person, going to change this big wide world!

I received a Father's Blessing today for the start of the new school year [a little late, I know]. And in it, I was told that I should increase the effort I put into my scripture study and personal prayers, and by doing so I will receive answers to the questions that I have.
This hit me rather hard cuz...I spend at least fifteen minutes a day reading from the scriptures, and pray every night. But I do not question what the Lord told my father to tell me.

Anywho...

Yesterday was good too!

I woke up early and went to a Relief Society/Young Women's service project. We made hair ponies and jewelry bags for the temple.
I really enjoyed it because it was a good time to just sit and do something good for somebody else. It didn't require much hard work on any body's part to help make these. I spent some of my time cutting ribbons, but then was transferred over to the people that were sewing so that I could trim the pieces of string off the bags. A very little, but very important job. Plus, I got to work [literally] right beside my best friend AlexaDyan and her mother as well. The service project was so good.

After that, AlexaDyan and I ran to the store and bought some shaved ice and chips and dip for later that night. That was fun. Random trips to the store with Alexa are always fun.

Then, I spent [what felt like] eternity reading my Sociology text book and studying for the test. [Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring]. But I did manage to get a high B.

Then I picked up Spencer, and then we picked up Alexa, and we came back to my house to find Skyler.
We played tennis together and it was awesome. Then we bought some pizzas at Hungry Howie's and some sodas at Walgreen's and hung out eating at the pizza place.

Then we went over to Alexa's house where we played an intense game of Apples to Apples that Skyler dominated at. Then we took Spencer home, and I dropped Skyler off at my house so he could get his truck, and I took Alexa home as we "squeeee"'d because boys are cute.

I think that is all I have to say.

Love, Princess Sullivan.

No comments: