The first was SOOO AMAZING. Like, I am still living in shock, trying to convince myself, yes, it really happened. The only proof I have on my person is two faded autographs that are on the back of my hands, and the memories that were made.
I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a Jon Schmidt concert, featuring Steven Sharp Nelson. The two coolest guys that have ever lived upon this earth! The concert was amazing, and several of us got bruises from clapping so much. He is amazingly talented, and so is Steven Sharp Nelson. But honestly, the best part of the whole thing was the after concert stage.
Rewind: Before the concert, we went back stage to meet Jon Schmidt himself! [AND STEVE]. We ate Ned Crazy Subs with them and shook their hands and talked to them and it was so much fun taking pictures. These guys are hilarious and kept making jokes.
Then we needed to go sit down [IN OUR FRONT ROW SEATS]. And the performance was UH-MAIZ-ING! It would take a lot of effort to find the words to describe my emotions I felt. With each note my soul sang, reverberating along with the music. I felt like I was in a safe zone, that nothing could never hurt me again. And I was with my friends, and seeing the joy plastered there on the faces of those I love made it way better. The songs made everlasting impressions on me, inspired me, and convinced me that music is a good influence when used correctly. What a wonderful concert.
But, as I mentioned before, what happened after the show was the coolest.
We got to CHILL with Jon and Steve.
As in, we sat there and talked to them for well over any hour after everyone else left. He wrote me an autograph that said "To Erika, My Bestest Friend. Jon Schmidt :)"
Uhm, WOW. Ha ha. I know, everyone gets autographs like that, they mean nothing, he writes the same things to everyone. Well Shut Up! That is not what was going down here. He all hung out and laughed and talked and had a wonderful time. Plus, he is super tight with my buddy Spencer.

I went and stood in the circle with Steve and Spencer's family and some of my friends and we had a movie quoting party. It was so funny. We went around the circle, taking turns quoting movies, and guessing them.
Hanging out with them was just like making new friends. It was exciting, and so much fun. They were so chill and not at all uptight, and made us all feel like we were the best part of the show. [That is words describing the wonder of my night, in a nutshell. The words could have said more].
Stay tuned for Part II of Jon Schmidt and the Dancing Hot Chocolate! [which, of course, would be the part about the Dancing Hot Chocolate]. I have to edit the pictures I took of last night's date and I want to publish two short posts, instead of one huge one. Enjoy your suspense!
Love, Princess Sullivan, Part I.







No comments:
Post a Comment