So I was preparing myself to write a post to continue the thirty day challenge, and I looked down at my arms thinking of a fact I have not shared yet and I realized...I have hands.
And arms attached to those hands.
And those are all somewhere attached to my brains where I control them.
And somehow, my toes right now are tapping the way they do when I am nervous about something [take that as a random fact].
And all of these things works so perfectly.
My fingers know where each key is, my brain remembers how to spell words, and what they mean. I think we often take for granted this wonderful body that we have been given.
I mean, honestly, think about it!
Without much effort I can sit down and play the guitar, chord after chord, song after song.
I look at a page of words and can read them each under a second.
I hear a sound and I associate it with whatever it is making the sound.
I know how to tie shoes.
I know how to sing.
I know how to drive.
I can make my face do things to express emotion.
I can recognize thousands of faces and names.
I know how to cook.
I can do all these things because my Heavenly Father felt like I deserved a body. He knew that I would use it for good, and develop talents, and do all that my body was designed to do. But did He know that I would take it so much for granted? I'm sure He did, because I am human. But seeing this wonderful body he gave me made me realize that I owe Him my whole entire life, everything that I can muster up to give Him.
That was a real WHOA moment for me.
Hope it got you thinking too.
Love, Princess Sullivan. [ the one with arms. ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment